Thursday, January 14, 2010

Watching My Garden Grow

Alone in my garden one day
I watched  two squirrels at play
They paid no mind I was there
so I just sat and stared

In and out of bushes they'd scurry
up and down the paths they'd hurry
No deadline to meet
just acorns and leaves to eat

My flowers in full bloom
fresh fragrances to consume
 A breeze a sweet delight
from the heat of warm sunlight

Roses all in different shades
the soft hint of hue that cascades
 A painter's dream to expose
but a writer's privilege to compose

The shadows of yesterday seize
The Secret
Only the maker and I know
It's while watching my garden grow

This poem was written April 2, 1997.  I more than likely was sitting outside writing. I am most inspired while enjoying nature. I had been married for two years and didn't have any children yet, not til the following Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment