Thursday, January 21, 2010

And It Faded Away

I stood gazin in the distance
so aware of its existence
It was there all day long
but I knew by night it would be gone
It warmed my soul
and it made me feel whole
The wind caught my hair
and the feeling was so rare
I searched for the essence
and I longed for your presence
Time was running out
I wanted to shout
I pushed away my past
and yearned for this one to last
The tears burned in my eyes
as the darkness filled the skies
The beauty and love the sunset portrayed
was now like us..fading away

This poem was written September 24, 1990, which ironically is my husband's birthday. I didn't meet him until three years later. I am not sure which guy inspired this poem, but I seem to have quite a few poems that are tear jerkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment